Refining and Petrochemical Process Optimization Engineer
High-growth startup opportunity
Imubit is looking for a top-notch chemical engineer to help disrupt the process industries with breakthrough machine learning technologies.
Imubit, a Houston-based startup backed by Silicon Valley Venture Capital, has invented a new machine learning paradigm for the process industries. The company was founded by world-class machine learning scientists, globally renowned experts in process manufacturing, and serial entrepreneurs. Its clients are among the largest global energy and chemical operators.
We are looking for
You, a resourceful, creative and passionate BSc chemical engineer with 3-10 years of experience optimizing live processes and running LP models for planning & economics. You believe the process industries are ripe for disruption by machine learning technology of the same caliber as Google and Facebook. You aspire to be one of the first players in a pioneering fast-growing team which builds process optimization software years ahead of its competition. You are excited to work closely with clients, solving their difficult problems, and providing them with proven economical results. You are self-motivated and love learning various technological and scientific disciplines, and would like the chance to prove yourself and develop into an executive role in the company. You recognize a once-in-a-career opportunity and seize it.
In this position you will
- Collaborate closely with world leading Google-endorsed Machine Learning scientists.
- Work directly with Imubit’s founders and significantly impact company growth.
- Work closely with client teams both remotely and on-site (50% travel).
- Leverage client’s people and data to explore the process and its economic drivers.
- Learn the principles and subtleties of Imubit’s Machine Learning technology.
- Lead implementation projects by spearheading an internal task force comprised of chemical engineers, machine learning researchers and software developers.
- Combine process and machine learning understanding to apply Imubit’s system to the right points in the process and tune system parameters.
- Develop a deep understanding of the product’s usage patterns and shape its future roadmap in collaboration with algorithm, software and product teams.
- Solve problems in the field while iterating with Imubit’s R&D team on longer term solutions.
- Evaluate Machine Learning models via chemical process understanding.
- Demonstrate and explain Imubit’s technology to clients and train them to leverage it.
- Understand client feedback and facilitate a two-way communication with Imubit’s R&D team.
- Explore and identify expansion opportunities for Imubit at the client site.
Imubit provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Imubit complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Imubit does not accept or retain unsolicited CVs or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
No visa sponsorship is available for this position.
This position will be opening up soon. Check back in the future to submit your resume