Imubit is looking for a top-notch System Admin eager to disrupt process manufacturing industries with breakthrough machine learning technologies.
Imubit, a Houston-based startup backed by Silicon Valley Venture Capital, has invented a new type of machine learning technology designed specifically to optimize process manufacturing plants. The company was founded by world-class machine learning scientists, globally renowned experts in process manufacturing, and serial software entrepreneurs. Its clients are among the largest global energy and chemical operators.
We are looking for
You, a resourceful, proactive, and hard-working system admin with 3-5 years of technical expertise! You are passionate about bringing modern software stacks and databases to a conservative industry and changing it from within. You aspire to be one of the first players in a pioneering fast-growing team which builds process optimization software years ahead of its competition. Working closely with clients, deeply understanding and supporting their daily needs excites you. You are a self-motivated, well-organized, strong communicator who loves learning new domains. You recognize a once-in-a-career opportunity and seize it.
In this position you will
- Deploy and maintain cloud-oriented technology on our clients’ premise.
- Install and configure critical software, related services, tools, and operating systems.
- Administrate and script Windows Server, RedHat Linux systems.
- Maintain existing installations and connectivity in mission-critical control networks.
- Bridge a 40-year technology gap, by working closely with the Imubit clients, deeply understanding their needs, instructing them and supporting their ongoing requirements.
- Troubleshoot networking and connectivity issues.
- Establish and improve remote monitoring capabilities.
- Discover and integrate tools and infrastructure to support our deployments at client sites.
- Write scripts and automating tasks.
- Manage directory services, SSO (LDAP), G Suites, and workstations.
- Provide company-wide installation, troubleshooting, and support services.
You have experience with
- Linux server and workstation administration (security, permissions, repositories, networking).
- Linux configuration management (Ansible, Chef or equivalent).
- Network security (Logs collection and analysis, traffic monitoring).
- Scripting (Bash, Python).
- Windows servers and workstations administration (Domains, DNS, DHCP, NFS, Permissions, Shared Folders, network connectivity).
- Troubleshooting server-side software and services.
- Database management (SQL queries, backup).
It would be nice if you had experience with
- Virtualization infrastructure (e.g. VMware ESXi).
- Container/Docker technologies.
Please send your CV to [email protected]